How Can Pottsville Businesses Get Help with Mold Damage?
SERVPRO Knows How to Tackle Commercial Mold
Pottsville is a small, friendly city in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. With just 14,324 residents at the last census, Pottsville is the perfect size to explore on foot or by bike, without needing to drive for miles or spend hours on public transit. The city is situated beside the Schuylkill River in the heart of Pennsylvania's coal-mining country.
Charles II granted lands to early Quaker William Penn in the early eighteenth century. Pottsville's fortunes were significantly improved when a hunter named Necho Allen discovered a coal seam in 1790. Local folklore tells that Allen found the seam by way of waking to see a large fire. His campfire had ignited the seam in the night! Allen set up a refinery, and Pottsville became a key coal refining location. A small but booming textile industry followed in the nineteenth century, along with a brewery. Pottsville also became a popular site for traveling entertainers such as Vaudeville acts.
There is Something for all the Family in Pottsville
For a relatively small city, Pottsville still boasts plenty to see and do. Bring the family and explore, and do not miss:
- D. G. Yuengling & Son is the oldest family-operated brewery in America. A young German immigrant started the brewery, which has now become synonymous with American beers. Yuengling has been in the family for generations, and they plan to keep it that way! The brewery tour is a delightful step back in time – you can even see the hand-dug tunnels used by brewery workers 200 years ago. You also get to sample fantastic local beers at the end of the tour – sometimes, you even get to taste a beer that isn't available to the public yet.
- Jerry's Classic Cars and Collectibles Museum is an excellent attraction for the whole family. Step back in time to the days of sleek character cars, pinball machines, and soda fountains. There is even a reproduction drive-in movie theater for a truly authentic experience.
- Hope Hill Lavender Farm offers a relaxing afternoon out, all while admiring Pennsylvania's rolling green hills. You can stroll among the beautifully scented lavender plants, browse for gifts in the shop, or stop for a refreshing tea at the cafe. Do not forget to sample the lavender ice cream! Tours are mostly by appointment, so do call ahead.
- Mud & Maker is a small gallery and studio where you can buy locally made pottery items – or learn to make your own! Mud & Maker offers regular classes for both children and adults.
Does Your Business Need Mold Damage Help?
Whether you run a gallery, a cafe, or a museum, you do not want mold in your building. Mold can:
- Eat into drywall or wood.
- Damage wallpaper or paint
- Cause health effects
- Look and smell unsightly.
Mold is bad news for your staff and your customers. Mold is not your fault, but it can make business premises less welcoming. Thankfully, SERVPRO is on hand to help with any mold issues you have.
Our expert teams will set up containment and use negative air machines and air scrubbers to prevent the spores from spreading. We use powerful HEPA vacuums, dry scrubbing, and wet cleaning or soda blasting to remove visible mold from your premises.
For help with mold damage in your business, call SERVPRO of Pottsville at (570) 622-8991.