What Equipment Do Professional Use for Fire Odors?
Fire Damage Can Fill your Pottsville Home with Unpleasant Burnt Odors. SERVPRO Technicians Have a Range of Equipment to Ventilate and Deodorize your Property.
Why are fire odor problems tough to resolve?
Fire odors can come from numerous sources and materials in your Pottsville home. Some of these sources may be immediately noticeable, but others may reside in cavities within the home or materials and contents. The core methods of controlling odor are through deodorizing with chemicals and ventilating a property. Scents are naturally volatile particles that can dissipate quickly once the source of odor is identified and removed. Deodorant chemicals are typically used to conceal the remaining odors until they dissipate.
What equipment is useful for eliminating fire odors?
- Pressure spraying equipment can disperse deodorant chemicals directly onto surfaces and are useful for heavily charred structure.
- Air scrubbers remove particles from the air by drawing them through a series of filters.
- Ozone machines are rarely used except in heavily damaged properties but can alter the chemical composition of odor particles eliminating them.
Is ventilation effective against odors?
Ventilation can help to reduce the odors of fire damage in your Pottsville home. However, it may take a long time. We typically apply deodorants to the affected area and then ventilate it to ensure that the property is safe to return. A ventilating box fan generates a tremendous amount of airflow. We commonly use this equipment after a thermal fogger to replace the indoor environment to a natural state free from malodor. To return a property to a normal state after fogging, air must be exchanged up to fifty times. Ventilating box fans help SERVPRO technicians to keep odor control efficient.
What tools are used for duct cleaning after a house fire?
- A powerful vacuum to pull soils and soots out of ducts
- An efficient filtering system to remove bacteria and odor particles
- Agitative equipment like air whips, brushes, and augers
Getting odor under control is central to returning your home to a normal condition after the fire. Contact SERVPRO of Pottsville at (570) 622-8991.